The countdown to Christmas is on, and its only a few short weeks away until the Main Man arrives! But whilst he is prepping his sleigh, making sure the reindeer are at peak fitness, and the elves are finishing wrapping all those gifts; some of us are focused on what is more often than not, the most extravagant roast dinner you’ll make each year. Yes, I give you… The Christmas Dinner!
I love a roast, but there’s nothing more special than a Christmas roast; whether its turkey, goose, duck, beef or something entirely different, long gone are the days of the standard vegetarian option being a nut roast. My love of Christmas dinner goes so far that the second most favourite, must have, magazine (the Christmas Radio Times, being the first) are the Christmas Food catalogues that suddenly appear at the end of November. I can while away hours just looking at food and dreaming about Christmas dinner. I can remember how disappointed I was when I had the flu, two years in a row, and just couldn’t face my dinner… not even a perfectly crispy potato.
As much as I love Christmas Dinner, and am very much a traditionalist at heart, I enter fully OCD-mode when it comes to getting everything out on time. The kitchen on Christmas morning looks like it has been taken over by a whole packet of sticky notes, with scribbles of timings and temperatures, dishes are labelled and in order, the vegetables (no sprouts here, I’m afraid) are prepped and in pans on the stove, ready to rock.
I prep and plan, and prep and plan again. I know it sounds a little crazy, but just knowing when things are happening and checking them off, means that in the downtime I can grab a glass of Prosecco and join my family whilst the kitchen does its work. It makes a huge difference and you don’t feel like you’re stuck in the kitchen and everyone is enjoying Christmas without you. Don’t get me wrong, I love being in the kitchen and creating a fantastic meal for everyone, but its nice to be with people, rather than the parsnips.
The people at HelloFresh are on the same wavelength and are coming to save your kitchen from the curse of sticky notes with their downloadable ‘Ultimate Christmas Dinner Guide’. Rather than sitting on the sofa the night before, writing those notes, HelloFresh have taken the guesswork out of planning and guide you through your Christmas Dinner, from the night before preparation, and when to start all those dishes on the Big Day, so that they come together for one amazing feast. They’ve even put together a set of recipes, guaranteed to make sure your sprouts don’t end up as bullets firing across the table. So why not give it a go and make time for that glass of Prosecco with your family.
But in the end, if the turkeys a bit dry, or the custard is lumpy, the most important thing is you’re enjoying it with some of the most special people in your life, family and friends. So eat, drink and be merry!
If you fancy taking the hassle out of Christmas Dinner, the standard HelloFresh Christmas box, for up to four people, starts at £69.99, with the premium box including dessert, starting from £89.99. Christmas boxes can be ordered from now until Tuesday 19th December, and will be delivered on Friday 22nd December. But hurry… there are limited boxes available. To order you box visit HelloFresh UK, or you could enter the competition below to win on the the Classic Recipe boxes.
Would you like to win a HelloFresh Classic Recipe Box?
Do you feel like trying something new in the kitchen for dinner? Fresh, fabulous ingredients, delivered direct to your door, with new and exciting recipes to try out? Freeing up time to sit down with Christmas PJs on and watch your favourite Christmas movie (The Muppets Christmas Carol, by the way).
Entering is easy, using the Rafflercopter widget below. Simply log in using your Facebook account or email address, and follow the instructions on the Rafflecopter to enter.
For your entry to be validated, you must visit the HelloFresh website and download The Ultimate Christmas Dinner Guide, following the link, then come back to us and let us know you’ve entered. Simple.
Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition, simply enter via the Rafflecopter widget above.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Closing date for entry will be 13th December 2017. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable.
- The winner will be notified by email within 2 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 5 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
- Every effort will be made for the winner to receive HelloFresh recipe box before Christmas.