1. I’ve yet to blog them, but I took the plunge and gave macarons a go, the first batch worked a treat. Alas, the second batch I tried to create this week, note the use of the word tried, absolutely failed to epic proportions. So this weekend, I’m giving them another go. Now I know they’re never going to come up to Ladurèe standards but if I crack one recipe this year, I’d love it to be these peppermint macarons from anna and blue paperie blog. They’d be fabulous for Christmas gifts.
2. Where 2013 has gone I don’t know, but as we’re on the cusp of October and enquiries for next year as coming in thick and fast, it’s time to get a proper 2014 diary, rather than just my online one. I love stationery, and I cannot have just a ‘normal’ diary, not a standard WHSmith one; it has to be a little more special. I’ve got my eye on this one from Hope House Press on Not on the High Street.
3. Whilst I’m in an organising mood, I stumbled over the fabulous I Heart Organising blog by Jen Jones. Not only does Jen’s blog have the most fabulous ideas for the home, with everything from Lego to the fridge; it’s just a stunning blog to look at and read.
4. There’s so many recipes I’ve been favouriting over on Food Gawker this week. It’s probably as I’m now settled back into my Weight Watchers journey, and I can look at the most un-WW friendly dishes, love them but not necessary want to eat them. Of everything that I’ve gawked this week, these onion rings from Mia Loves Pretty are my favourite. Blimey, I miss onion rings!
5. Lastly, as I’m on a weight loss kick at the moment, I don’t want to add too many new things to my autumn wardrobe. I’ve still a fair bit of new clothes from last autumn that I haven’t really had much chance to wear. So I’m hoping that these will get another outing this year. However, the two things that I would like to invest in are a new pair of winter boots, mine have lasted me through 3 years in the shop but are pretty worn out; and a tailored jacket. I’d love a bespoke jacket, but I’m quite taken by this Ted Baker Modesta jacket in Oxblood, for a fraction of the cost.
All images are copyright of the original poster and credited to the original source, via link identified in the text.